Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend recap and Haul

I didn't end up going to the festival on Saturday because at last minute my cousin's group got asked to perform at a private party up in the lakes so instead I found a Japanese market here and I wanted to see if they carried Mandom or Sana products. They didn't have a very big selection of beauty products at all so I didn't get very much. I asked one of the workers if they carried the Mandom makeup remover or the Sana pore putty, she said no but they could order it and call me when it came in but the catalog that they had was like double the price. So I told her it was OK I would just get the items I already had. So I'll most likely order it off ohayo.com. Then I headed over to Sally's again because I read Tracy's post about the pump bottles and had to get one.


Sunday was the day my cousin's group did perform at the festival, it was fun but the venue was really small with just one line of vendors. I was disappointed because I didn't get to see Sam Choy. He was only there for a contest they were having the day before. So we didn't stay long about an hour then me and the fam went to Aloha Kitchen to eat, I love it there!


OK on to my haul...
Top-Total Immersion brush cleaner, twist lock plastic pump bottle and rat tail comb.
Bottom: Mango Calpico (YUM!) Black q-tips, Black pore cleansing strips and texturizing comb.

I can't wait to use the brush cleaner it has holders at the top to keep brushes in place while they soak (not for long though) and it has these grooves at the bottom to help scrub and get out all the makeup from the brush. I think I'm gonna use the pump bottle for nail polish remover and I'm gonna try and cut my bangs with the texturizing comb. I read about the black q-tips, they look interesting and I really hope the blackhead removers work.

If any of you ladies would like reviews on any of this stuff let me know and I'll do them first.

**Oh and today makes it 2 months until my birthday! I usually already know what I'm doing and have it all planned but this year I have no idea...I guess it's because I'm turning 23 and it's not one of those "big" years. But yeah....**

5 comments:

Vanessa M. said...

yay!!!! bday!!!!

Tammy M said...

Ohhh, you have to go all out on your birthday anyway, no matter if it is not a "big one"!
I am looking for that Sana stuff too. I may have to make a trip to Orlando to check out some Asian grocery stores and such...

FuN and MakeUp said...

cool u got the razor blade cutter too =) i got mines at sallys for 4.99 i think...

thanks for the comments =) ur such a sweetieeee!

hmm why not retryin to take pix so u can submite them in =P have some fun.. u should do it! take cares gurlie

makeupw. gevie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog =). You included the juice in your haul haha how cute! I love the green look you did up there.. I can't rock green but it looks bomb on you =). I guess that's its. Oh yeah.. happy early earlyyy birthday!

Neeyuh said...

Tammy M-Very true, but for some reason it feels different this year I'm not as excited but I should be. We have a whole section of town that has asian stores but none of them I've seen carries any of that stuff so I might have to just order it all online.

jeSmakeup-I got mine from Sally's too, have you used it? I'm nervous to cut my hair with it.

I'm gonna try again soon and maybe enter them.