Thursday, October 9, 2008

Review: Rimmel Fix and Perfect Primer

Since I have extremely oily skin, I'm always on the lookout for a good face primer. I pretty much fell in love with MAC prep+prime face w/spf, but it just felt kinda heavy on my face most of the time. So I thought I would give some other primers a chance and see how they held up against my current one. I've seen other reviews out there but just thought I would give my opinion on it as well. On to the review...


What it claims: Skin perfecting primer smoothes and evens out your complexion, prolongs the wear of your foundation. Minimizes pores.


Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau; Cyclopentasiloxane; Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate; Propylene Glycol; Phenyl Trimethicone; Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate; Dimethicone; Polyethylene; Talc; Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer; Magnesium Sulfate; Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer; Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer; Phenoxyethanol; Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone; Lecithin; Parfum/Fragrance; Silica Dimethyl Silylate; Methylparaben; Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder; Tocopheryl Acetate; Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Propylparaben; Silica; Dipropylene Glycol; Tocopherol; Triethoxycaprylylsilane; BHT; Hexyl Cinnamal; Limonene; Butylphenyl Methylpropional; Benzyl Salicylate; Linalool; Geraniol; Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone; Citronellol; [May Contain/Peut Contenir +/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)].

Price:$5.99-$8.99 (prices vary by retailer)

Where to find it: Walmart, Target, Kmart, Ulta and anywhere else Rimmel is sold.

My Rating: 3.5 peace signs


The Good: It's very light like the consistency of a moisturizer, but thick enough that it doesn't run if you dot it on before rubbing it in (like I do). It blends into the skin very well, smooths out pores pretty well and really leaves my skin feeling soft. I use a sponge to rub it in and it doesn't get streaky at all, like I've noticed with some other primers. A little goes a long way so just a few dots around the face and your good to go. Leaves foundation looking smooth and even as it should. Also, some of the other reviews I have read mentioned that the orange color of this primer is a con but to me I think it's what makes the pores look less visible and once it's all rubbed in there is no color left over (although I'm not sure about how it is with fair skin) so I don't see it as a problem.

The Bad: In the heat the primer doesn't hold up all too well and didn't even last 6 hours, it did however hold up better when I was inside all day or in cool weather. That's pretty much it.

Overall: For my skin type I guess this would better for the colder months, or days I'm not planning on wearing face makeup for very long. I really really wanted to like this primer but I would like one that I could use all year round no matter what the weather and has a much longer lasting time. In my opinion this would work great for those who don't have oily skin.

Also I was thinking about doing a experiment post with this as well to show how it lasted. Let me know if any of you would like that.

**Just MY opinion, you never know YOU could love it!!**

5 comments:

Jessica Dee said...

ooh that stuff looks great! and the price is not bad..COOL FIND NEEYUHH..

& i love your new profile pic. its smokin hot!

Ahleessa said...

I've heard of this primer for some time, and I've been wondering about it. Thanks for the review! :)

Tammy M said...

Everytime I see this primer, I wonder about it. Thanks for your review, I think I will pass. I live in FL so it is really hot and humid...I will stick to my Monistat Anti-chafe!

FuN and MakeUp said...

yea u should do an experiment post =)

Discovering Holy said...

I love my Rimmel primer! It controls my oil, and evens out my skin tone. As well as making my foundation last longer.

www.girlinyellowshoes.blogspot.com