Saturday, October 4, 2008

Review: Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum

Along with makeup I have a thing for hair products (as you can tell in my many posts, lol) so I was browsing Ulta and was trying not to buy anything but this product caught my eye and sounded really promising.

What it claims: Smooths and Conditions Unruly hair.
Smoothes and Softens – Our exclusive Super Skinny Complex penetrates deep into the hair shaft where it displaces water and constricts the hair.
Conditions and Seals – Lightweight silicones smooth, condition and seal hair with added shine.
Reduces Drying Time – A smoother surface and tighter diameter greatly reduce drying time and speed up styling time.

How to use: Very concentrated. Rub one pump in hands and apply to damp hair starting at the ends and working towards the scalp. Style as desired.

Price: $14.99-$15.99 (depends on where you go)

Where you can find it: Ulta and anywhere salon products are sold.

My Rating: 5+ peace signs


The Good: I have pretty long hair, a little past the middle of my back and on the days that I have to blow dry it's a pain because it takes forever. Sometimes it can be up to 15 minutes to get it all fully dry, so when I seen that this serum will reduce drying time I knew I had to give it a try. To my surprise it really does! I've tested it all week and everyday it seems like my blow drying time gets lower and lower. I do however let my hair air dry for 5-10 minutes before I apply it because I don't like to put any products in my hair straight out of the shower. I also use a large toothed comb to really distribute it. After blow drying I also noticed that my hair does feel really smooth and you can also see a slight shine, nothing major though.


The Bad: I guess I read right over the very concentrated part because I used a little more than it said figuring since I had long hair the one pump wouldn't be enough and after blow drying my hair felt slightly sticky and weighed down. So make sure you use either the one pump or less depending on the length of your hair. Other than that I like this product!


Overall: I'm really glad I found this so now I'm not discouraged on the days I have to blow dry my hair. It's definitely staying in my hair care routine for a long time to come!

Have any of you ladies tried this product? If so I would love to hear your experiences with it.

2 comments:

Jessica Dee said...

ooh i love paul mitchell products! LOL eversince i went to their salon i've been hooked. great review!

Tammy M said...

I love this serum!I have long hair too, and it helps cut down my drying time... Plus it makes my hair shiny and healthy looking!