Monday, January 19, 2009

The Icing Eye Shadows

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had an awesome weekend! I relaxed most of mine. I just wanted to do a quick post on these, so here we go...


* All swatches were done with no base, one swipe through each. *

I never would have thought that eye shadows from an accessory store would be good but these totally impress me. As you can see from the swatches they are really pigmented and the pans are huge at .13oz/3.6 grams. Most of them are eye shadows but the blue and copper ones have the consistency of a pressed pigment. At first they can be a tiny bit flaky but once you get past that first layer they become more smooth and easy to apply. I don't feel I need a colored base with any of them since they do have a good amount of pigmentation.

You can buy these at The Icing Store, they retail for $3.50-$4.50 each and they always have the BOGO 50% off sales just like the nail polishes I posted about before.

These also didn't have much information out there about them so I just described them the best I could for you all.

If you have any questions about anything I might have left out, just let me know!!

I'll be doing some looks with these soon so look out for those!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow they are sooo pretty. do they have a big variety of colors. i definitely have to check these out. thanx hun.

Unknown said...

damn these colors are so pigmented. i'm diggin that last color you swatched, like the orange one. super hot color!!

ANGE said...

they really are pigmented!! it's such a surprise, cos over here in australia- the cheaper stuff is usually all shimmer - no colour at all, and all glitter!! lol

LINEA. said...

those are some pretty colors!

Tammy said...

I've never bothered to give the makeup at these stores a 2nd look..now I will..I love that first color..

Anonymous said...

what???? Icing carries these???? oh wow!!! they are pigmented and u didn't even put a base!!! i like all of them. i am loving the blue, pruple, pink, and orange the most!!!

w/that price, it won't hurt to try!!

and thanks for the compliment!! and booo Vegas need some pinkberry!! LA is starting to have them in every corner.

Sofia said...

wow!!! I neeed to get me some of these...Thanx Neeyuh

Fifi said...

Definitely hot! I like the purple and pink! :)

Ahleessa said...

I think everything is pigmented with you... hehe~ :) I tried Icing eyeshadows and they weren't that great on me. :/

Anonymous said...

Nice gloomy skies and the rest of these eyeshadows! you clever =)

Anonymous said...

wow those look soooo pigmented! there are sooo many great shadows out there that don't cost an arm & a leg! thank goodness for that!