Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hair Products that don't float my boat.

I like that title, lol. Well I was going through the cabinet in my bathroom and came across some hair products I no longer use for various reasons and thought it would be a good post to share. So, here they are...


I know a lot of you may disagree with me on this one, but for my particular hair type this stuff did nothing for me. I tried it for weeks with no differance and even left it on for longer than the 3 minutes and everytime my hair was extra greasy all over to the point where I had to rewash it. Don't get me wrong I love lots of other products from Aussie and thought I would love this too but it just didn't work.


I was stuck on Big Sexy Hair for a long time but times got hard and I needed a cheaper alternative so I turned to this. It sounded promising and I heard from a few people I worked with at the time that they loved it, so I gave it a try. At first I thought "oh wow this is actually really great". Well, I spoke too soon. About and hour or so later my hair was flat and full of white flakes, it was soooooo nasty! I did give it another try though and used it on a day I was doing the "pouf" and yet again it disappointed me. My pouf went flat and there again was tons of white flakes. So in this case cheaper was not better.



Ok so I really don't even get how this works. It says it defrizzes, smoothes and instantly restyles hair. It does none of those three for my hair. I spray it on and it's just like I'm spraying a citrus scented water on my hair and it's just getting damp and nothing else. I read reviews of people raving about this product and figured since I have an oily scalp and it's not good to wash my everyday I would use this as a restyler to refresh my hair on the second day, well it just made my hair even more greasy and defeated the purpose so I had to end up washing my hair anyway. I LOVE LOVE LOVE bed head products but this one was a total fail for me.


I tend to have a lot of flyaways and one of my go to hairstyles is always the pouf so I thought this would be perfect. This is also a product I read reviews of where SO many people loved and sweared by so I thought it would be a great product to try. Not so much, you have to use really little because if you use a lot it makes your hair look like you just poured chicken grease in it and rubbed it around! I guess the reviews I read never mentioned if you have an oily scalp you should avoid this so now I'm stuck with one of those "biggie" sized ones and don't even use it. It's also overly sticky. Like I said before I LOVE bed head products and was totally disappointed that 2 products by them didn't work at all for me.



I noticed a pattern while writing about these, that almost all of them made my hair more greasy, which is really nasty. Sometimes it sux to have the hair type I do but hey what can you do?

How do you ladies feel about these products? Have you used any of them?

If you have any questions about these, just let me know!

6 comments:

Julienne said...

I totally agree with you on the Bead Head Manipulator! Lol. It's so sticky, and I hate opening it up and seeing the gooey mess. I even tried to give it to my boyfriend and he didn't even fly with it.

Mona said...

you saved me some $$ :P i was thinking about the bed head stuff

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment hun. i loveee loveee your looks your blending is so flawless

Jen said...

thanks for following, dear!

i'm a bit of a hair junkie myself! but i would highly recommend using CIBU products, especially PHO FINISH! it's definitely worth the month and it'll last you awhile. it's basically a hair spray that'll hold your style in place w/o weighing it down and making it hard as rock! it's also a good heat protectant...

it's only available on the east coast, but you can order online! =)

Jen said...

*month.. i meant money! my hands are typing to fast for my brain!

Tammy said...

I used to love the Aussie 3 minute conditioner!! They changed the formula a few years ago though and the new formula sucks!!!!
I'm currently loving my Cibu shampoo/conditioner (agree with Jen on the Pho Finish too) and Herbal Essence Hydralicious.