Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Review: Loreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

What it claims:  Get the perfect skin texture, instantly and all day.

-Smoothes lines
-Hides pores
-Banishes imperfections

The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin, leaving it velvety-smooth to the touch.

The result-a unified matte finish that's flawless.

-Suitable for all skin types
-Dermatologist tested
-Non-Comedogenic

Application: Smooth on in a gentle circular motion over the whole face or targeted areas. Wear alone or apply under makeup to help makeup go on smoother.

Where to buy: Walmart, Target, Kmart, Drugstores and anywhere else Loreal products are sold.

Price: $9.97-$12.99

Size: 0.5 fl. oz.

My Rating: 3 Peace Signs


The Good: I would agree that it does just about everything it claims except obviously not hide all imperfections (for example: acne scars) and I don't really have lines so I can't say it smoothes them. It does definitely make my skin look more even in texture and SO unbelievably soft! My powder foundation glides on perfectly. I also like to wear this on days when I'm not wearing any makeup. A little goes a long way and it blends very well.

The Bad: The matte finish that it claims to do only lasts for a few hours with makeup on so if you have oily skin like me this doesn't really help with that. Also since it's winter my skin has been getting a few dry patches that even exfoliating won't help and with this primer it makes them stand out even more.

Overall: I do like this and it would definitely be great for those days where you aren't going to be wearing any makeup or not for that long. I think it would be better for those whose skin isn't as oily as mine or not at all.


If you have any questions on anything I might have left out, please let me know!


*This is just MY experience with this product. It may or may not work the same for you, you never know!*



No comments: