Monday, August 6, 2012

Beauty Box Five Review

I was recently contacted by Beauty Box Five to try and review one of their monthly boxes. I was really excited because I've actually never subscribed to any of the monthly box programs that are out there. I was very happy with all the samples I received!

What is claims:  Once a month, we deliver a Beauty Box with four or five handpicked samples directly to your doorstep. Your Beauty Box will contain items like makeup, skin care products, hair care products, fragrances and a few other surprises!
*info from company website

Compare to: Birchbox, Myglambag, beautybox, beautyarmy, glossybox etc.

Where to buy: beautybox5.com

Price: $12 monthly, $30 quarterly and $100 yearly

My Rating: 4.5/5 peace signs

The Good: The samples were all packed very well, nothing was damaged or leaking inside. All the samples were for various beauty needs and were generous sizes, to me at least. I was also pleased with the variety of brands that were provided as well. 

The Bad: I don't really have anything bad to say about this box, only one out of the five samples I didn't use but it did go to someone who did enjoy it so I wouldn't really think that's a con. 

Overall: I am very pleased with this box and the samples that were in it, I am definitely going to sign up for this box very soon! 


Now, I'll just break down the products I got and a few thoughts on each...





It was packaged very well and I really like the color combo they use!


 All the samples were nicely placed in this little mesh like bag. 


I've been wanting to try it's a 10 products for the longest time so when I seen these I was so excited to try them!



I don't feel the need to use anti aging products yet so I passed this one on to my mom and she really likes it!


I'm naturally tan and don't usually use any kind of self tanners but I'm thinking I might try this on an area of my body that doesn't get much sun ever, my legs! lol


I've heard tons about Merlot products but have never actually tried them so I was glad to see these in my box. I've also never used a night cream before either and so far I've really been liking these!


Last but definitely not least is the Tree Hut Shea Body Butter in Brazilian Nut. I LOVE body butters since I'm more on the dry side on my body so richer moisturizers are definitely a must. This sample was a good size and worked great for my skin, I'm definitely buying a full size!

Thank you for reading and a big thank you to beautybox5 for letting me try out this box!


*This box was provided by the company for review, this is my completely honest opinion on the product*

No comments: