Saturday, March 20, 2010

Update, No-buy and Project 10 pan



*Keroppi was always my fave! I wanted a picture related to moving so I thought this was cute!*

Hey everyone!!

I know I've totally been lacking on posting again but hopefully after this post I'll do better since I have lots of things that need to be posted. I said before that lots of things are going on in my life and I won't go into detail about much but I will say that me and my family have decided to relocate. It's somewhere far from where I am now and it will be a huge trasition but it's what we need right now. We don't have to stay there forever and I know it will be a good thing. I've also decided on school but won't start until after we move which isn't until after summer.

Also last week Rai and I decided to go on a no buy until June. It started this past sunday and it's really made me re-think how I use things. I've already gone through my make up and all of my other beauty products so I have a plan on what needs to be used. It's really going to feel good to save money and not let things go to waste. We did decide on a few exceptions which are:

-Essentials (things you need for daily use)
-Gift cards (hey it's not technically OUR money we're spending lol)
-Items that are 75% or more off (Um hello you can't pass up a deal like that!)

On top of the no buy I also chose to start the project 10 pan which I'm sure most of you have heard of, there's more info HERE. What you do is choose 10 items to finish before you're allowed to buy something new. I chose a few items that might take me over the time the no buy ends but that's okay since I'll need the extra money I'll be saving for the move.

So on to the 10 products I chose:


L to R top:

-Rimmel Fix and Perfect foundation primer (30% left)
-MAC Technakohl liner in Graphblack (over 50% left)
-Loreal Double Extend mascara (almost brand new)
-Loreal Collagen mascara (less than 50% left)
-Pure Luxe mineral blush in Nymph (20% left)

L to R bottom:

-Smiths Rosebud Salve (50-60% left)
-Lipsmacker watermelon (50% left)
-C.O. Bigelow Cinnamint lip shine (50% left)
-Orignal Strawberry Chapstick (80% left)
-Clean and Clear oil free dual action moisturizer (20% left)

So that's everything! I'm hoping I can get through it all sooner than later because lots of it hasn't got much love lately and others I just want to get rid of since my love has faded for them.

Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Cupcake said...

I should reall begin a no buy/p10p but cant bring myself to do it just yet! Good Luck to you though!!

♥ Tina said...

I admire how youre trying to use up everything. If only I could do that! I keep buying and buying, and then throwing things away :(

ndoodles said...

GOOD LUCK! I am also on an unofficial no buy. Those mascaras should be pretty easy to use up!

Rai said...

I wonder how long we'll last. lol

Good luck with your Project 10 pan! I always never wanted to do those because I don't want to use anything up. lol

Neeyuh said...

Cupcake-It took me months and months to really do it but when you're ready you'll know! Thank you! :)

Tina-Aww thank you! I was buying stuff like crazy and this is just what I needed right now.

ndoodles- Thank you! Good luck to you as well! Yes the mascaras should be easy hopefully their the first things I finish.

Rai-lol I hope we can make the whole time!

Thank you! I just picked stuff I was okay with finishing because I've found other things I like better so it made it easier on me lol.

Sofia said...

Great Idea ...I think I will start this too...may I join u? I really need to stop buying makeup I have waaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much

... said...

Ooooh Cinnamint... I love that stuff!

Good luck on your challenge!